Thursday, November 15, 2007

Step 6: The Retrieval

Yesterday Kelly and I went in for the retrieval. Everything went very well. They were able to retrieve 19 eggs!! Kelly was pretty groggy afterward. She slept most of the day and was a bit sore. Today she's still sore but is up and around.

The lab fertilized the eggs yesterday and we expect to hear from them today with a progress report. So if you think about it, barring any negative effects, we conceived yesterday. Wow.....I just keep picturing what our child will look like. I am ....we are so excited. I can't even get any work done today.

Anyway, we are due to go back in on Monday....hopefully sooner...for the implantation. Cross your fingers.

Oh yeah, we start progesterone injections tomorrow. Kelly is not looking forward to that. But no worries, I've been practicing on sticking that HUGE needle in an orange. I got it down packed. I'm so good the orange doesn't even flinch.

No comments: